Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Preparations

With Valentines Day just around the corner, I've been pouring over amazing and creative ideas for special treats and beautiful packaging, looking for inspiration for the Lemon Tree table this coming weekend. There are so many ideas flooding my head and it's likely there won't be time to create all of them, so I'm focusing in on a few that you can purchase at the St. Lawrence this Saturday for that special someone.

I especially love coming up with new packaging ideas for the macarons. This weekend I spent some time with glue gun in hand to make these popcorn boxes that will be filled with individually wrapped macarons. It was the perfect activity for Superbowl Sunday! I can't say I'm especially enamored by the sport, but put some coloured paper and ribbon in my hands and I'll sit and "watch" any amount of football!

The template for the boxes was free online here. I cut out the individual pieces and scalloped the top of each before assembling the box using a Fiskars border punch. The die-cut stickers are from the Martha Stewart Collection.




I've also been working on a special table display for the occasion and the pieces are slowly coming together in a mock-market style on my dining room table. I can't wait to set all the cakes and macarons in place! This is just a taste of the final display.





And those inspiring Valentine's ideas? They're just too good not to share with you! These Valentine's Love Letter Cookies from Sweetapolita are at the top of my list.


Check out Rosie's blog here to see more images.

A downloadable template from Fossil's DIY page by Creature Comforts for cupid's arrow cupcake toppers and cupcake wrappers. Too cute!



And I can't get enough of these "box of chocolate" cakes - again by Sweetapolita.



You may be seeing some like these on Saturday at the Market. Speaking of which, I have lots to prepare in order to bring you a full array of Valentines treats! Check back for a listing of the featured Valentines Macaron flavours later this week.

Cheers,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment